Cooperation Can Counteract Greed’s Corruption
As warned by the LDS leaders in the 1870’s, the concentration of economic power among powerful corporations is now threatening everyone’s freedom 1. Greed-based economics has not only corrupted our government 2, but corporations 4, our financial system 4 and even our religions 5.
Christ himself said he wants us to be “equal in [obtaining] earthly things” so that we can “be equal in obtaining heavenly things”. Apparently, “economic equality” is desirable because it opens the way to spiritual equality. (See D&C 78:3-7). How can we achieve His goal for us in an economic system that serves to widen the gap between the rich and the poor instead of narrowing it?
It’s time we humans learn these lessons, rise above our Natural Man tendencies towards selfishness and greed, and finally work together to create a more human-friendly, egalitarian economy, where profits are used to benefit all. We can build an economy where, as President George Q. Cannon sought, those who are financially successful turn and help those who aren’t to learn to prosper as well — applying the Second Great Commandment to economics.
Early LDS leaders also taught that cooperatives are a steppingstone to the United Order, Zion’s economic model. So, in an attempt to “do many things of [our] own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness“, we are launching the Zion Builders Co-op. We are taking responsibility for preparing ourselves to move back in the direction of Zion… beginning with baby steps.
We will be following Apostle Lorenzo Snow’s example of how he achieved 100% employment, fed and housed all the widows, and provided for the indigent. Here is the current (open-to-further-improvement) plan.
How You Can Help
- Create shortcuts on your smartphone to our our Amazon and eBay affiliate links.
Every purchase you make helps us build the co-op further!
- You could also bookmark our Amazon and eBay affiliate links in your desktop computer’s browser.
- Create and share memes on Instragram, Twitter, Facebook, etc. linking back here
- Think of other ways and let us know!
- Once we get the infrastructure in place here on ZionBuilders.org, you can get a login and add products you regularly buy to our inventory that are sold on Amazon, eBay and Walmart, and the co-op will use the profits for Steps 1-3 of “The Plan”. Eventually, we’ll start stocking those products ourselves, and then later, maybe even set up folks in a co-op to manufacture them. Baby steps.
1. An 1875 First Presidency Letter About Cooperation And The Social System
(See especially the 2nd paragraph).
2. How Money Corrupts American Politics
3. Corporate greed, corruption, and the coming collapse of America as we know it
4. 11 Examples Of How Insanely Corrupt The U.S. Financial System Has Become
5. Fraud Thriving In U.S. Churches, But You Wouldn’t Know It